Diesel Engine Availability: HDi 75, HDi 90, e-HDi 90 Airdream
- Air conditioning
- ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Emergency Braking Assistance (EBA)
- Variable power assisted steering
- Driver’s and passenger’s airbag
- RDS stereo radio/MP3 compatible CD player with steering mounted controls
- Twin sliding side doors with tilt opening windows
- Height and reach adjustable steering wheel
- Row 2 split/folding 1/3-2/3, tiltable and removable bench seat
- 15” ‘Airflow’ wheel covers (set of four)
- PVC floor covering in boot
- Multi-function on-board trip computer
- Retractable and removable luggage cover
- Super Plus Pack – high frequency multi-function plip remote control central locking with deadlocks, electric child locks, front electric windows with ‘one-touch’ operation and electrically adjustable door mirrors
- Look Pack – daytime-running LEDs, front fog lights with chrome effect surround, silver effect ‘u-shape’ front bumper insert, body colour side rubbing strips, front and rear bumpers, door handles and door mirrors
- Comfort Pack – height-adjustable driver’s seat, front armrests and storage drawer under driver’s seat
- Carpet floor covering in boot
- Overhead storage shelf
- Auxiliary socket in glove box
- iTPMS (Indirect Tyre Pressure Monitor System)
Diesel Engine Availability: HDi 90, e-HDi 90 Airdream, HDi 115
- Longitudinal roof bars
- EXCLUSIVE Look Pack – daytime-running LEDs, larger black side rubbing strips, front fog lights with chrome effect surround, silver effect ‘u-shape’ front bumper insert and lower bumper insert
- All Road Pack – underbody engine protection and raised suspension (excludes e-HDi model)
- Front lateral airbags
- Row 2 three individual split/folding, tiltable and removable seats
- Aircraft style tables on rear of front seats with cup holders
- 12 volt socket
- Child Pack – child surveillance mirror, side window blinds in row 2 and central storage console
- 16” ‘Tikehau’ alloy wheels (set of four) – excludes e-HDi model
In the city or on the open road, the efficient running gear of the Citroën BERLINGO MULTISPACE strikes a first-rate balance between comfort and ride.
Class-beating stability is provided by the generous wheelbase, 15” wheels (or optional 16” depending on the version) and wide tracks.
Engines / gearboxes
The Citroën BERLINGO MULTISPACE brings you a wide choice of engines designed to suit your needs as well as to respect the environment.
If you opt for e-HDi micro-hybrid technology mated to a 6-speed clutchless gearbox, for example, CO2 emissions total just 125g/km. Looking beyond the ecological and cost benefits, you also gain a more ergonomic design, since the absence of a gear lever frees up the space between the driver and passenger. You change gears using a selector on the dashboard.
Here are details of the engine range available:
Diesel engines (CO2 emissions in 5-seater definition):
- HDi 75 (manual gearbox) – 135g of CO2/km
- HDi 90 (manual gearbox) – 135g of CO2/km
- e-HDi 90 (manual gearbox) – 129g of CO2/km
- e-HDi 90 (6-speed clutchless gearbox) – 125g of CO2/km
- HDi 115 (manual gearbox) – 139g of CO2/km
- VTi 95 (manual gearbox) – 164g of CO2/km
- VTi 120 (manual gearbox) – 169g of CO2/km
The Citroën BERLINGO MULTISPACE is first and foremost an eye-catching car. Not only is it robust and modern, it is also incredibly expressive! With the new chevrons angled out to the headlights, the chrome trim on the fog lamps and the original daytime lighting signature created by the LED lights, it is plainly a car with a strong personality.
With the Black Pack finish, it also gains a customised Onyx Black trim on the top of the front bumper, the exterior rearview mirrors, the side rubbing strips and the trim on the rear registration plate light
An ergonomic driving position
The generous, ergonomic dashboard on the Citroën BERLINGO MULTISPACE takes its cue from SUV design. On board, you feel at ease straight away, with controls that fall easily to hand, such as the dashboard-mounted gear lever.
Take advantage of the height-adjustable driver’s seat, the steering wheel adjustable for height and reach, and the comfy armrest for long journeys.
When you get behind the wheel of the Citroën BERLINGO MULTISPACE, the quality of finish and the user-friendly design of the cabin and trim are immediately apparent.
Several trim levels are available, so you can choose the interior ambience that makes you feel at home, whether it’s simple or more complex. Not forgetting, of course, the Modutop, for a leisure-focused option, or the XTR version, for those who prefer to head off the beaten track.
A highly modular design
The Citroën BERLINGO MULTISPACE features a 2/3-1/3 split-fold rear seat as standard. Depending on trim, it may also have three independent rear seats of identical size and with folding backrests.
All sorts of combinations are possible: everything moves, everything can be changed, everything is possible. If you have a big family, you can also opt for a 7-seater version with two additional, identical seats in row 3.
At the front, the backrest of the passenger seat can be folded to carry large objects.
The cabin is sufficiently spacious to accommodate passengers of all sizes, with head room of 1.02m at the front and elbow room of 1.48m.
Passengers at the rear gain a flat floor. Seats are 20 mm higher than at the front with head room of 0.99m and elbow room of 1.49m.
It also sets the standard for knee room, with 245 mm between the front seats and the knees of passengers at the rear.
To make life easier for users, the Citroën BERLINGO MULTISPACE features generous storage space including, for example, a moveable central console between the front seats, a vast glovebox, two boxes at the feet of the rear passengers, and drawers under the driver’s seat.
But the real innovation in ‘Technologie’ is the Modutop®. Inspired by aircraft design, it combines a glazed roof, multiple storage compartments, and a dual-access boot together with individual ventilation and lighting controls to bring enhanced comfort and even a little magic into the lives of passengers at the rear, particularly children. The rear compartment integrated with the Modutop® can be accessed through the opening rear window from the outside, for easier loading.
The opening rear window provides easy access to the boot, even in narrow spaces, making it easy to load the vehicle up to the roof.
Whatever the configuration you choose to organise the cabin, boot space remains more than generous: 675 litres under the parcel shelf in the normal configuration (1,350 litres to the roof) or 3,000 litres with the seats in row 2 taken out.
To help you find your way round easily at night, a portable flash light is provided in the boot. When left in its dedicated compartment, it provides an additional source of light and, when taken out, it becomes a torch with 45 minutes of power.
MyWay, Connecting Box and audio system
MyWay is your main companion on the road. This radio and navigation system displays maps of Europe from an overhead perspective on a 7” 16/9 screen to help you find your way. It also features Bluetooth® technology so that you can make and receive telephone calls safely.
For comfort and relaxation, the MyWay system also includes an MP3 and WMA compatible CD player to which you can also connect an MP3 mobile device.
If your BERLINGO MULTISPACE is not equipped with MyWay, you can opt for the Connecting Box, which includes a Bluetooth® hands free kit, a USB port and a jack, enabling you to connect your musical media directly to the in-car audio system. Controlled from the steering wheel, the audio system comprises four loudspeakers to let you enjoy the beat while you drive …
To enhance the sound ambience of the cabin, the Citroën BERLINGO MULTISPACE places special emphasis on filtering out external noise. This objective was factored into the assembly of body parts.
The engine is encapsulated in an acoustic cocoon, the floor pan has gravel-chipping protection, and the cabin includes a range of absorbent materials (cowling, dashboard, roof).
Automatic air conditioning
Following on from acoustic comfort, thermal comfort was also a must for all the passengers. Automatic air conditioning (depending on trim) is dual-zone, providing individual temperature settings on the driver and passenger sides.
Grip Control is an advanced anti-skid system that adapts to circumstances to optimise traction in all situations.
Using a selector, you choose one of the four modes available, in line with driving conditions (normal, all-terrain, snow or sand).
Hill start assist
Hill start assist (combined with ESP) keeps your car stable for two seconds when you take your foot off the brake pedal on a slope of 5% or more.
This gives you time to transfer your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator.
Cruise control/speed limiter
Accessible from the steering wheel, the cruise control/speed limiter function contributes to a relaxed drive:
- cruise control keeps the vehicle at a set speed without using the accelerator pedal. It can be turned off using the button on the steering wheel or the brake pedal;
- the speed limiter keeps the vehicle within the limit selected by the driver. It can be turned off using the button on the steering wheel or by pressing hard on the accelerator.
An essential feature in city driving, rear parking sensors make light work of manoeuvres:
- ultrasound sensors in the bumper detect the presence of nearby obstacles;
- the sensors emit beeps (and visual information depending on the variant) to tell you where, and how close, any obstacles are.
The Citroën BERLINGO MULTISPACE can be fitted with up to six airbags to protect all the passengers effectively:
- two variable force deployment airbags at the front,
- two side airbags protecting the thorax and abdomen of the driver and front passenger,
- two curtain airbags to protect the heads of occupants at the front and rear.
The Citroën BERLINGO MULTISPACE ships with a high-performance, comprehensive braking system:
- four disc brakes of which two vented at the front,
- an ABS (Anti-Blocking System) function that adjusts braking pressure electronically to stop the wheels locking,
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) to distribute braking power evenly to all wheels,
- Emergency Braking Assistance (EBA) to boost braking power instantly when the driver presses hard on the brake pedal.
ESP (Electronic Stability Programme) helps the driver keep the car under control even in the most difficult situations:
- acts on brakeforce distribution and engine speed to keep the car on course if the driver loses grip when cornering,
- coupled to a traction control (ASR) system that immediately brakes the drive wheels in the event of skidding.
The Citroën BERLINGO MULTISPACE sets high standards in child safety:
- two locations for Isofix child seats in row 2;
- a child surveillance mirror to see passengers in the rear without turning round;
- electric safety locks for the rear doors;
- warning lights and an audible alarm if seatbelts are unfastened.
The HDi engines are the benchmark in their category. They pollute less and are less fuel-consuming than conventional diesel engines, cutting both CO2 emissions and fuel consumption by 20%.
They feature an electronically controlled common-rail system that optimises the air/fuel mix and significantly reduces emissions of pollutant particulates.
The particulate filter (DPFS) on the HDi engines contributes to environmental protection by trapping and burning the particles produced by the engine.
Particulate emissions were already particularly low with the HDi engine.
With the DPFS, they drop to barely measurable levels that go beyond future EU environmental standards